Monday, May 21, 2007

Those 3am moments of clarity

So, another weekend spend on a train and in a hospital has passed, and it's Monday again. Bah and humbug.

I got sod all knitting done this weekend. Didn't want to cast on a new project on the train (new project is lace) and risk a sudden bump or stop resulting in me flushing my yarn. Cardigan is now too big and annoying to bring on public transport.

Instead of knitting, I read some Harry Potter. Order of the Phoenix. I've had it since the day it was released, and never managed to finish it, due to moving house and classes and other real life (tm) stuff. My next problem is that my copy of Half-Blood Prince is in storage. Gah.

Well I should have some proper pics for you again tomorrow - I'm bringing home the lappy tonight, which means that I can do some uploading. Huzzah!

I do have many, many plans at the moment though, some even involve yarn. Yes, I'm remaining cryptic for now. I think I've decided that I need to retrain (as opposed to thinking and then dismissing said thoughts), and in what.

Since the age of 4, I've been studying drama. I even spent 2 years going to a professional acting school. Somehow, I managed to end up in a desk job, where my unofficial title is CS manager/office manager/I.T. manager. It is a strange evolution.

Don't get me wrong - as office jobs go, this one rocks. I really like the people I work with. They're nice, friendly people, and when we have nights out we have a blast. The work is challenging enough to keep me on my toes, but not so challenging that I'm pulling out my hair in frustration.

Despite this, I'm setting myself up to leave. It won't be until next year, but I will be leaving this job, in the hope that my creative endevours will work out.
There is about 4% chance of me ever being a working and bill paying actor. The two sides of that equation only meet in those lucky few that grace our screens on a regular basis.

I'm not giving up though. I'm just...expanding.
Hopefully my waistline won't follow suit as well!

.....watch this space....

No comments: