Wednesday, June 06, 2007

"S" is for Squeeeee!!!!!

So, I was going to post a bit about my current knitting projects, but something utterly wonderful and squee-worthy has happened, so you'll have to wait for that round of ranting til tomorrow. Or whenever I manage to stop jumping up and down.

Back on the 22nd of May, I was catching up on some blogs while procrastinating at work. I'm sure a lot of people think I'm a sandwich short of a picnic, due to the random commenting that I do on said blogs.

Aaaaaaaaanyway, as I was reading through Ewe Wish, I noticed a packet of what looked at first glance to be some strange snackfood. A question was also posed "Can you guess what this is? And its intended use?".

Well, through the magic of...er....me being born and raised in the countryside, I recognised what they were. I commented, as I do, and thought nothing more til I got an email asking for my address, as I had won a little prize.

As it turned out, not only was there a prize, but the fabulous Orghlaith spent several emails arranging said prize with my LYS! So I ran over to Jeans on my lunchbreak today, and left the shop 10 minutes later, bouncing, squeeing and trying not to cry.

There was a goodie bag. In fact, the word goodie doesn't even do it justice. See for yourself....


Isn't it wonderful? I even risked a broken toe (by saving my falling camera with it) to take a suitably artsy shot out in the sunshine!!!!

Jenny mentioned a "scarf kit" to me. Funny, I always remember scarf kits having horrible plastic needles and a couple of balls of squeeky acrylic in nauseating shades...not 5 (5!!!!) balls of Sublime Kid Mohair and bamboo needles!!!

So thank you again for your massive and wonderful gift, Miss Orghlaith.
I really am just completely blown away by your kindness.

Thank you from an elated knitter in Belfast, and from rather a large number of lambs who keep their testicles while you keep you stitches on your needles!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! Congratulations on the recognition of your, uhm, comprehensive animal husbandry knowledge with a most definitely squee-licious prize.
Kid mohair is fabulous. Enjoy!

NH Knitting Mama said...

Wow, excellent score!

Cass said...

WOW! It pays to comment! :) Congrats! (and what a beautiful color!)