Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Breakfast of champions.

The weather is improving slightly. By which I mean that I didn't get soaked to the skin on the way to work this morning. I even had time to stop and smell the roses...





...or whatever these not-roses are.





Today is turning into a lazy day, and it's not even 10am. I didn't have the energy to go to the shop once I discovered the lack of milk in the office, so this morning saw me mainlining coffee and millionaire's shortbread. Tasty, but I'm waiting for the sugar crash already.

My calves are still aching from ballet on Monday. Not that I'd admit this to anyone....apart from whoever reads this...yeah....
It's going well though. Two classes in and I'm doing better than I was after three years of it in Waterford. A little confidence goes a long way, it seems!

Last night I had dinner cooked for me, which was a major novelty, and a delicious one at that. The evening then involved playing some cards, chatting about everything and anything, and getting some work done on the Galaxy sock.


HusBeast has requested that I keep knitting until I run out of yarn. That means that each sock will have 210m (230 yards) of yarn in it. I may go blind. It seems that he's expecting there to be two socks in the pair as well. Men!





I am liking the way the yarn is patterning though.It might not be to everyones taste, but I think it's kind of funky.

My STR sock is coming along as well, but very slowly. Mostly I get a couple of rounds done on the train before I doze off, needles in hand. I am not a morning person, especially once the evenings and mornings are darkening. The exception is if there's somewhere fun to go the next day. I can be up at 5am, all bright eyed and bushy tailed if I'm going on holidays or something. On a "school" morning, it's all I can do to crawl out of bed at 7.30am...

This evening has somehow managed to turn from plans for a bit of entertainment to a casual date night. I'll be leaving work at 5pm, and HusBeast will be waiting for me. We'll make our way to Wagamama's for some food, then on to the main event.




Wahoo!

No comments: