Friday, June 27, 2008

I am knitter, hear me roar

It has been an insaaaaaanely busy couple of days, and not in a planned sort of way.

The sign finally went up outside our house

and we're living out of boxes. The move is on.

The lack of choice, relatively, has given me a whole new outlook on my stash and my knitting. I have a fabulously clear to-do list, and for a change I'm excited about getting through the next few bits, as opposed to being a fickle, fickle girlie as usual.

Though I am totally buying that swift from GetKnitted when I move, cos, daaaamn

using a glass and a bottle of vitamins to hold the yarn as I wind is just a little too McGyver for my tastes. Still, the mother of invention and all that.

I got home to a very quiet house after SnB on Wednesday, as OH had departed for Dublin. I made some dinner of the kind that he wouldn't normally eat, stuck on some food network, and settled down on the sofa to get a section of the ClahPooTee done. I had some tea, and some rum and coke, and watched some forgettable movie or other, and finally cast off...and it was 3.15am.

Oops.

On the plus side, ClahPooTee is done and dusted, and rather fabulous if I do say so myself. It needs blocking, but that will have to wait until I move. I'm coming up on the heel of the much neglected sock 2, and I'm very proud of the fact that I did not drop a stitch at the cinema, despite laughing my butt off at the movie.

I've also planned a super sekret project for my SP12 partner. I think she'll like it. I hope so, at least.

On that note....
SP12 WEEK ONE Question
Favourite summer drink is either an iced caramel macchiato, or a frozen margerita. I'll never say no to some pinot grigio either though, in fairness :)

I fully realise that we're up to week 3 already with the questions, but I shall endevour to keep up and not be quite so head-in-the-clouds after this.

SP12 WEEK Two Question
As a kid, what did you look forward to most about summer vacation/break/holiday?
I don't think there was really any one thing. Long evenings, not having to wear a school uniform every day, spending all my time outside, 99's, butterflies and ladybirds taking over the garden...I loved being a kid.

This weekend, for a change, I'm going to be in Belfast. As well as being a knitter, you see, I'm....a big ginormous nerd. I'm going to a games convention. There shall be pear cider and absinthe and singstar and slaying of monsters. Rocking.

I shall attempt to blog, depending on how my liver is doing. I shall start now, however, by packing up my laptop and making a b-line for the train. Possibly stopping for some chilly coffee goodness on the way.

Have a great Friday everyone! Mwah!

No comments: