Monday, June 16, 2008

I hate Mondays

I'm not sure how I got here, but it seems to be Monday again already.
Now don't get me wrong, I had a good weekend (and very productive on the sock knitting front) but it was far too short. We also made the mistake of getting on the train last night and congratulating ourselves on getting some good seats, before realising that the rest of the carriage was filled with 10 year olds hyped up on sugar on their way home from a school trip.

They got out half way to Belfast. There was rejoicing.
Any idea of mine to change careers and become a teacher have flown the nest. Drama teacher excluded.

My ipod came into its own on that journey though. Nothing like drowning out the sounds of crying/fighting kids in large numbers like a good podcast and some knitting. I didn't even drop a stitch.



I started this Tofutsies sock on Friday morning on the train to Dublin, and finished it on the train back to Belfast last night. Not bad, eh?
I'm trying to get through them as fast as possible, as they're part of my stash that technically doesn't exist, as it's not logged in ravelry.

This may not seem to be a cause for alarm, but if you saw the size of my logged stash, you might think again. I'm part of stash knit down, so if I can get these done and not claim for them, then it cancels itself out and I don't have to add it to my total yards either. Right?

I mean, it's not paranoia if there are knitters actually watching, is it?

1 comment:

Máirín said...

But if you don't add it to your stash, you will miss that great feeling of satisfaction from clicking the 'All used up' button!